The Jaguar E-Type, or the Jaguar XK-E for the North American market, is a British sports car that was manufactured by Jaguar Cars Ltd between 1961 and 1975. Its combination of beauty, high performance, and competitive pricing established the model as an icon of the motoring world.
After the company's success at the Le Mans 24 hr through the 1950s, Jaguar's defunct racing department was given the brief to use D-Type style construction to build a road-going sports car, replacing the XK150.
The first prototype (E1A) featured a monocoque design, Jaguar's fully independent rear suspension and the well proven "XK" engine. The car was used solely for factory testing and was never formally released to the public. The car was eventually scrapped by the factory.
• CLEAN TITLE, 91,980 ACTUAL MILES, THE TITLE ALSO SHOWS ACTUAL MILEAGE, NUMBERS MATCHING CAR, 2+2 COUPE; COMES WITH RECEIPTS
• CORRECT 4.2 6 CYL. ENGINE WITH 4 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, SU CARBURETORS
• THE 4 SPEED MANUAL (ALL SYNCHRO) GEARBOX SHIFTS SMOOTHLY
• NEW HEATER FAN MOTOR
• WORKING HEADLIGHTS, TURN SIGNALS, HAZARD FLASHERS
• 4 GOOD VREDESTEIN TIRES
• VERY ORIGINAL LEATHER INTERIOR
• RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT