1965 Ford Mustang Convertible
Springtime Yellow / Black Vinyl
289cid V8 / 3spd Manual Transmission
Restored and Excellent
VIDEO WITH LISTING
Vin # 5F08C743073
F: Dearborn, MI Assembly Plant
C: 289-2v V8 (Date Stamped May 13th, 1965)
743073: Production Number
Chicago Car Club is pleased to present this 1965 Mustang Convertible!
Delivered new to Chicago on June 10th, 1965, this '65 Mustang was sold through Power Ford to a Mrs. Soll of Chicago. She properly enjoyed the car that first year, as the original maintenance log at the back of the owner's manual shows that she had already reached the car's 12,000 mile service by February of 1966. While we aren't quite sure how long the original owner held onto the car, we purchased the car from a gentleman in New Mexico, who believed he was the third owner. As it sits, this is a nicely sorted, well-kept, and very “correct” car.
- Please see the video with the listing, as the car is shown in detail in direct sunlight.
- Springtime Yellow paint shows phenomenally well. Show-quality. There are no scratches or significant imperfections anywhere on the car, even at the lowest corners and behind the wheels. No visible paint run, clear coat aging, or anything of the sort. The only exterior imperfection to be aware of is a couple very, very minor dings on the chrome A-pillar on the driver's side. Not significant, but with a show-worthy car, worth noting.
- Panel fitment is excellent. Doors open and close without a fuss.
- Chrome is fantastic. Mirror-like throughout, with no oxidation, even on the mid-line quarter ducts, mirrors, and emblems.
- Wire wheels are in excellent shape. No curb rash, oxidation, or damage. Cooper Trendsetter tires are in close-to-new condition and the DOT number indicates they were manufactured in 2012.
- Body is perfectly straight. No dents, dings, or scuffs.
- Glass and light lenses are all clear and crack-free.
- Black convertible top is excellent. No damage or signs of age. Black boot cover is excellent as well, with no tears or damage. All buttons line up and button-down with ease.
- Black vinyl seats are in great shape both front and rear. No burst seams, scuffs, or anything of the sort.
- Dash is excellent. Dash top shows no cracks. Lower dash shows minimal aging. Gauges are all functional, and additional gauges have been mounted under the dash (oil pressure, temp, and voltage). Odometer reads 89,970 miles.
- Radio is functional, as is the fan/heat.
- Black carpet is in great shape, with no discoloring or tears. Shift boot is nice as well.
- Door panels are in nice shape, with no kicked-open markings.
- Roll-up windows all track nicely.
- Powered top works flawlessly.
Under the Hood / Under the Car:
- Number atop the block reads C60E-9425-A 5E13. The 289-2v V8 is date coded May 13th, 1965, a month prior to the car being delivered to the original selling dealer. Engine is believed to be the original unit. Engine bay is extremely tidy, and is one of the highlights of the car. It's very clear that this car has been babied. All rubber hoses are fresh and not dried out, there are no leaks, and even the factory under-hood stickers have all been re-applied.
- We love the spec of this car. Of course the 289ci V8 and 3spd manual are an excellent combo, but also the fact that it's a '65 convertible in Springtime Yellow, a '65-specific color that suits the car perfectly.
- On the road, the car feels quite good. It starts right up, idles quiet, steady, and cool, and winds through the gears with no stuttering or hesitation. The car tracks straight down the road both under acceleration and braking, and soaks up bumps without any noises or tendencies of concern. As it sits, this car is ready to be driven and enjoyed. Please see the video along with the listing, as it shows the car being driven and it's easy to see how smooth the gearshifts are, how well the car pulls though the rev range, and how great the exhaust note is.
- Please take a look through the underbody photos, as the car is covered in detail. The car is in extremely nice shape underneath. Barely even any surface rust. Underneath the car, you can see the new NFS driveshaft, new BOGE shocks, and new Magnaflow exhaust.
With any additional questions, requests, or to discuss purchasing, please reach out to Jake at Chicago Car Club at 773-267-2684 or email@example.com.