As a business, Dodge started out as a parts supplier to Ford and other automobile manufacturers. Soon the pistol-packing John and Horace Dodge leveraged their reputation of supplying high-quality, reliable products into a full manufacturing concern, producing their first automobile in 1914. In 1929, a year after being bought by Chrysler, Dodge introduced its first half-ton pickup truck. In 1936, the half-ton pickups got a true truck-type chassis with welded cross-members instead of the old chassis used for cars. And, in 1939, the pickup got a complete redesign that lasted, with minor updates, through 1947. Within this period, the US-made half-ton models were designated WC, in contrast to the one-ton pickups that were designated WD.
GR Auto Gallery is pleased to present this 1945 Dodge Pickup for your consideration. It is powered by its 6 cylinder paired with a 5 speed manual transmission with overdrive. The truck is a 12 volt system. The truck rides on chrome wheels with Dayton white letter tires. The truck features a Chevrolet steering column, wooden bed, shop manual, tachometer and aftermarket speedometer. The paint and bright work show very well. The bench seat in the cab is in good condition and shows very well. The truck fires right up and handles as it should.
To see over 80 photos of this car, including undercarriage please visit our website www.grautogallery.com