1972 Mercedes Benz 350SL
VIDEO WITH LISTING
This '72 350SL is an excellent driver that unfortunately suffers from quite a few cosmetic blemishes. As it sits right now it's by no means a show car, but it runs and drives extremely well, the radio is functional, and the removable hardtop (and soft top) is super convenient. This would make for the perfect beach car, bangaround summer car, or entry-level classic.
- Please see the video along with the listing, as that will be by far and wide your best look at the car. Blemishes are all shown close-up and in direct sunlight. Blemishes include many chips and small scratches, as well as a cracked, spider-webbed finish of the paint on the trunk lid.
- 14” steel wheels with chrome hubcaps is a great look, our favorite spec on these R107s. Tires have tread and aren't dry rotted, though they do look to be a bit older. Hubcaps show slightly faded paint but overall all four are in great shape.
- Glass is all clear and crack free. Passenger taillight is cracked. Lights and signals are all functional.
- Body is nice and straight, with no dents or dings.
- Black soft top is in excellent, close-to-new condition.
- Car will come with a bra for the front end.
- Tan leather interior is in OK shape. Please take a look at the photos and video for condition. Comfortable seats with a few cracks.
- Crack in the center of the dash, just to the right of the cluster.
- Radio is functional and sounds great
- Fan is not functional
- Gauges are all functional with the exception of the odometer, which is stuck at 112,444.
- Original carpet is in decent shape, slightly worn in but with no major tears or blemishes. The car will also come with a set of new black floormats.
Under the Hood / Underbody:
- The strongest point of this car is very much the way it runs and drives. It fires right up first turn of the key, idles steady and stays cool, pulls through the gears smoothly, shifts smoothly and kicks down appropriately, and it tracks and brakes straight. Power steering, great brakes, very easy to drive. There is a slight exhaust leak, so the car makes a little bit of noise. By no means loud, just not dead silent like so many of the R107s we've had.
- Underbody is nice with the exception of the very forward corner of the passenger floor, where rust is through and undercoating is peeling away. Please defer to the photos. Frame is in great shape, the car is very much structurally sound. This car appears to have had some recent front suspension work, as multiple parts appear to be new. Not surprising with the way it handles on the road.
Overall, this is a fun driver that could be enjoyed as-is, or slowly cleaned up into a truly beautiful car. Please reach out to Jake at 773-267-2684 with any questions, requests, or to discuss purchasing.