1973 Volvo 1800ES
Chicago Car Club is pleased to present this 1973 Volvo 1800ES!
- PLEASE VIEW VIDEO ALONG WITH LISTING
- Very late production. This car is #8021 of 8078 1800ESs produced during their 2 year production run in 72-73.
- VIN: 1836353
- Original Color: Cypress Green (110)
- Original Upholstery: Brown (456-884)
- Numbers on the engine read as follows: 1000197, 49, and 8282 on driver's side of block, 460807 on passenger side. This would indicate that the engine is a US-market B20F, the correct motor for the car and more than likely the original unit. The car retains its 4spd manual transmission with overdrive as well. We also have a spare automatic transmission for the car that we can include in the sale if the buyer would like to have it.
- While the car obviously requires quite a bit of body work, it has a lot going for it. The large majority of the chrome pieces are in excellent shape, the glass is all good, and the interior will not need much at all. The front seats are all there, just need to be reupholstered. The rear seats are actually in great shape. Door panels are good. Headliner is good. Dash is pretty nice as well; there are a couple cracks on the lower portion, but all very minor. The faux wood dash inserts are nice and intact.
- Odometer reads 147,045 and is functional.
- The car actually runs and drives very well, despite how the body looks. We've had “complete” Volvo 1800s before that didn't run and drive as well as this one. The car starts right up, acceleration is smooth and without hesitation, the car tracks straight under both acceleration and braking, brakes are nice and effective, clutch feels very healthy, shifts are smooth and without any grinding or delay on up or downshifts, the car idles steady and stays cool. Truly a nice driver that just needs somebody to tackle the bodywork.
- Please see the underbody photos of the car, as it's documented in detail. The far forward corner of the passenger floor shows some through rust, as does the inside of the rocker on the driver's side.
With any questions, requests, or to discuss purchasing, please reach out to Jake at Chicago Car Club at 773-267-2684 or email@example.com.