1965 Chrysler 300L
Restored & Excellent
360hp 413ci V8 / Automatic 727 Trans
Paint: Nassau Blue Poly (DD1)
Trim: Blue Vinyl Buckets (P4P)
Delivered new on 11/20/1964 to H&H Chrysler Plymouth of Bound Brook, NJ, this '65 300L remained under its original New Jersey ownership for the first twenty years of its life. The car then spent a handful of years under its second owner in the suburbs of Chicago before being purchased by a Chicago-based mechanic friend of ours in the early 2000s. We purchased the car from him about four years ago, it having recently undergone a bare-metal body restoration and paint but in need of final assembly. Since then, the car has been painstakingly gone-through by a marque specialist and finished with “correctness” in mind. The car will be sold with the original books and manuals, broadcast sheet, warranty booklet with delivery info, spare keys, and many, many receipts documenting the refurbishment of the car.
- See video with listing, as the car is shown close-up, in detail, and in direct sunlight.
- All exterior chrome was stripped and dipped, all stainless trim was hand-straightened and polished.
- Glass and light lenses are all clear and crack-free.
- Body is absolutely straight. No dents, dings, or damage whatsoever.
- Nassau Blue is the original color, and suits the car phenomenally well. Paint is show-worthy. There are just a few very minor chips, all of which are shown close-up in the video.
- Panel gaps are spot on, doors, hood, and trunk all open and close with ease.
- The original seats were re-stuffed and re-covered in the correct material and color by Legendary Interiors.
- Door panels and sills are in nice shape, with no kicked-open markings or significant wear. There is one small puncture on the rear of the driver's arm rest.
- Power windows are functional, as is the blower/heat/defrost, and all gauges. The radio is not currently functioning.
- Carpeting is new throughout.
- Original dash face shows some slight signs of age, with minor oxidation.
- The top of the dash is very nice, with no cracking or damage.
- Steering wheel is excellent, with no cracks.
- Odometer reads 12,371 miles, more than likely indicating 112,371 miles on the chassis. Exact, true mileage is unknown.
Under the Hood / Underbody:
- The engine bay is spotless. The 413ci V8 is believed to be the original unit, as it is date stamped October 7th, 1964, just a couple of months prior to the car being delivered to a New Jersey dealership. The 413ci 4V V8 with 10:1 compression is rated at 360hp. Trans is original as well, a 727 3spd automatic.
- The underbody is in nice shape. There is some very minor surface rust on suspension and exhaust components, but nothing through or close to it. The car is structurally sound. Floors and frame rails are excellent.
- Car runs and drives extremely well. Every bit as nice as you would hope from a car that is fresh off a light restoration. The car starts up without fault, idles cool and steady, pulls hard through the gears with a surprising amount of gusto, shifts smoothly, and brakes nicely. The car tracks straight under both acceleration and braking. Very confidence-inspiring from behind the wheel.
With any further questions, requests, or to discuss purchasing, please reach out to Jake at 773-267-2684.