The GAZ M21 Volga is an automobile which was produced in the Soviet Union by GAZ ("Gorki Automobiljni Zavod", in English : "Gorky automobile factory") from 1956 to 1970. The first car to carry the Volga name, it was developed in the early 1950s. Volgas were built with high ground clearance (which gives it a specific "high" look, contrary to "low-long-sleek" look of Western cars of similar design), rugged suspension, strong and forgiving engine, and rustproofing on a scale unheard of in the 1950s.
When in 1959 the 6-cylinder line of GAZ cars was discontinued, Volga M-21 became the biggest and most luxurious car officially sold to individual owners in the USSR in large quantities, though its price was very high and made it unavailable for most car buyers.
Three series GAZ-21 were released, most easily distinguished by the grille. The First Series (1956–58), known as the Star, featured a lattice of three large horizontal bars in the centre of which was a medallion with a star. Vehicles of the Second Series (1958-1962), known as the Shark, featured a grille with 16 vertical slits. Finally, the Third Series (1962-1970), known as the Baleen, featured a grille with 34 thin vertical rods.
The Third Series was produced from 1962 to 1970. The 1962 models dropped the leaping deer hood ornament, and had a new grille. The headliner changed from cloth to vinyl.
• CLEAN TITLE, THE ODOMETER SHOWS 29,651 MILES, NO MILES ON THE TITLE LIKE ALL THE OLD VEHICLES
• 4 CYL. ENGINE WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSION, ENGINE IS ORIGINAL ROVER DIESEL 2.25L, WAS INSTALLED BY FACTORY FOR EUROPE EXPORT, VERY RARE FIND
• BRAKES COMPLETELEY REPLACED INCLUDING CALIPERS, NEW MOTOR MOUNTS FRONT AND REAR
• ELECTRICAL COMPLETELY REWIRED INSIDE AND OUTSIDE, CLEANED FUEL TANK, REPLACED FUEL PUMP
• REPLACED CLUTCH MASTER AND SLAVE CYLINDERS
• CAR IS IN VERY ORIGINAL CONDITION
• FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION IS SOLID
• CAR HAS BRAND NEW GM CHROME RIMS AND TUBELESS TIRES, COMES WITH SPARE TIRE
• RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT