Unrestored Barn Find! RARE 348 TriPower Impala Sport Sedan - 1 of 1?
We all dream of discovering and owning that one special BARN FIND. Well, this is your chance!
Recently awakened from a cool, dry barn in southern Alabama, this very rare 1960 Impala "Flattop" Sport Sedan is a great find! Factory equipped with a 348ci TriPower V8, automatic transmission, manual steering and brakes, this car was ordered to be the "gentlemans family hot rod". And it comes with an interesting family history as well, including the original sales invoice and other documentation.
When discovered, two of the carburetors had been removed and the intake blocked off in an attempt to run the car in a two barrel configuration, but the missing carbs were located elsewhere in the car. In addition, the engine code is correct for the car and matches its configuration, leaving little doubt that this is indeed one of the most rare TriPower Impalas.
A new fuel tank has been added, brakes rebuilt and a fresh rebuild of the "three deuces" has been completed, so this Impala is ready to go! Solid floors, trunk, frame and body with only a few small spots of surface rust. Leave it in it's "barn find" condition, or do a light cosmetic update for show - your choice.
To find out more about this rare Impala, call Art & Speed at 901-850-0507.
- Rare barn find!
- Only Hardtop Sedan (Flattop) known to exist with 348ci TriPower
- One owner except last 500 miles
- Detailed service records maintained by original owner
- Original dealer invoice
- Solid, rust-free survivor
- 348ci V8 (rebuilt in 1986, less than 500 miles)
- TriPower Carbs (restored)
- Powerglide Transmission
- All stock and original, unrestored
- New fuel tank
- Crocus Creme with White Side Spear
- One repaint in original color
- Whitewall tires - bias belted
- Original wheel covers
- New door mirrors
- New grill emblem
- New dual antennas
- Tri-Color Green cloth/vinyl bench seat interior, as found
- Original, unrestored dash and steering wheel
- Original, unrestored door panels with new armrest pads
- Engine Type
- Engine Size
- 348 TriPower V8
- Fuel Specification
- Body Color
- Crocus Cream
- Body Style
- Paint Type
- Interior Color
- Tri-Color Green Houndstooth
- Secondary Interior Color
- Seating Type
- Seat Material
- Vinyl Cloth
- Shifter Type