The Ford Mustang Mach 1 is a performance-oriented option package of the Ford Mustang, originally introduced by Ford in August 1968 as a package for the 1969 model year. The Mach 1 title adorned performance oriented Mustang offerings until the original retirement of the moniker in 1978.
As part of a Ford heritage program, the Mach 1 package returned in 2003 as a high performance version of the New Edge platform. Visual connections to the 1969 model were integrated into the design to pay homage to the original. This generation of the Mach 1 was discontinued after the 2004 model year, with the introduction of the fifth generation Mustang.
Ford first used the name "Mach 1" in its 1969 display of a concept called the "Levacar Mach I" at the Ford Rotunda. This concept vehicle used a cushion of air as propulsion on a circular dais. Due to the Mach 1's success, the GT model was discontinued after 1969 following poor sales of 5,396 units versus the 72,458 sales for the Mach 1. The Mustang would not wear the "GT" badge again until 1982.
The Mach 1 package was only available in the 'SportsRoof' body style (previously known as the Fastback); never on the hardtop or convertible. Many resto-mod visual conversions have since been performed by owners and enthusiasts, but are not Mach 1's by VIN code.
This beautiful 1970 Mustang is a true Mach 1 that has undergone a complete rotisserie restoration with no expenses spared. The build was fully documented and comes with a box full of receipts and photo album of the build, as well as a hard drive containing all pictures before, during and after the build.
• Custom build completed in 2014 by American Collector Specialties.
• 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
• Custom wiring the entire vehicle including a custom body harness
• 427 8 stack engine
• Roush Yates engineer flown out for live tuning of the engine
• Stainless steel brake lines, brackets, and clamps
• Detroit Speed suspension
• Aluminum front chassis frame
• 4 link rear suspension
• Custom made carbon fiber hood scoop
• Custom made bumpers
• Custom made front and rear valance panels from 14 gauge steel
• Porsche 997 front seats wrapped in new leather
• JME Gauges
• Disc brakes, vented and slotted rotors
• Dashboard and door panels wrapped in leather
• Marti Report
Great lease rates and Financing also available on any of our inventory!
Buy Sell Trade Consignments Welcome!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-818-773-8181