The Coronet is an automobile that was marketed by Dodge as a full-size car starting in the 1949. The only engine for Dodge was a 230-cubic-inch flat-head straight six cylinder engine with a single barrel Stromberg carburetor, producing 103 hp. The stock Dodge Coronet was a smooth running car, and the six-cylinder engine could power the car to 90 mph. A limited production model was a four-door, eight-passenger limousine, an extended version of the stock Dodge Coronet.
Dodge received a facelift for 1950 but like the 1949 models were still divided into Wayfarer, Meadowbrook and Coronet lines. The 1950 models can be identified easily by the new grille design which featured 3 heavy horizontal bars. The upper and lower bars formed a stylish oblong shape. Within this oblong grille was a thick center bar with parking lights on each end and a large chrome plaque in the center bearing the Dodge crest. The 8-passenger sedan's length was 216.8 inches.