1969 Porsche 912 Coupe
Originally delivered to the first owner, Dr. Norman Brooks, by Vern Hagestad Motor Co. in Denver, Colorado on May 21, 1969. The Motor Vehicle Sales Tax receipt has a gross sales price of $5,755.75 and traded-in a 1966 Pontiac for $1250. Mr. Brooks relocated to Los Angles and sold the 912 April 27, 1989.
Finished in its original color combination of light Ivory (6804 color code) with a Black leatherette interior. A driver quality 912. Matching engine per original Maintenance Record from delivery. 5-speed manual transmission, four-wheel disc brakes, original interior, with front door pockets on the side & Fuch alloy wheels. Recent work includes carbs tuning, new brakes, rebuilt calipers, new tires, new carpet kit, new shocks, fuel system cleaned and flushed, undercarriage detail. There are cracks in the dash, chips in the paint and other cosmetic flaws. The 912 presents well and is mechanically a sound driver.
Today, all but true Porsche enthusiasts may have forgotten that the Butzi Porsche-styled 901 (aka, 911) had a four-cylinder twin for the first five years of production. Introduced in 1965 as a replacement for the venerable old 356, the new four-cylinder Porsche brought the 911's new design across the entire product line. A 912 is essentially a 911 body paired with a pushrod four-cylinder, which was actually a slightly detuned variant of the 356SC motor. While the 912 did weigh 133 pounds more than the old 356C, the new body was more aerodynamic and had an optional five-speed gearbox, a $75 option for the 912, aided performance. Upon its introduction, the 912 sold for $4,700, and it outsold the 911 by a margin of two to one.