This is a very unique 1973 International Scout II. The truck resided in California its entire life until recently so it is completely solid and all metal. No Bondo. The body is in excellent original condition with mostly original paint with the exception of a few touch ups that were done years ago. Looks amazing and has the great patina look. The scout recently underwent a restoration, everything mechanically is new, the interior was redone, and the underside was cleaned and detailed but the exterior was left alone. This truck runs and drives much better than it did new it now easily cruises ant 75mph with one hand on the wheel. The engine was swapped over to the popular GM 5.3 H.O.LS and the trans is a 4l60e overdrive. Truck has the old look with the modern feel when driving. The engine was professionally installed using parts from anything scout.
- 5.3 HO (L33 Vortec 5300) engine was torn down, inspected and reassemble with the following new GM parts. Stage 2 cam, lifters, head gaskets, head bolts, new oil pain gasket, timing cover gasket, rear main, front main. Engine has a custom tune with hp tuners. Custom bent flow master exhaust system and Aluminum radiator.
- 4L60E transmission, serviced with new fluid and filter Advanced adapters adapter housing to original scout dana 20 transfer case which was disassembled, cleaned and resealed. New custom drivelines front and rear with all new u-joints.
- Front axle is a Dana 44 with 3.73 gears. Has new ball joints, new disk brake conversion and completely serviced. Rear axle is a Dana 44 with 3.73 gears and factory limited slip also serviced with complete new brake job.
- Entire brake system is new Power booster, master cylinder, proportioning valve, all stainless brake line and hoses.
- New power steering gearbox, new 1 ton cross over steering with steering damper and new steering Borgeson steering shaft.
- 4” lift kit all new springs, shackles, shocks and bushings. New set of BFG mud terrain tires 33x12.50R15 on factory wheels and factory hubcaps.
- New Body bushings and 1” body lift.
- Interior is basically all new or redone. Entire floor painted then covered in Dynomat with new carpet. Factory bucket seats redone with new foam and vinyl. New door panels, headliner, dash pad and steering wheel. Factory center console. New weather stripping on all doors and tailgate/hatch.
- Rear lift gate gas shock conversion
- Factory front winch bumper and heavy duty rear bumper with built in 2” hitch.
- Body is clean and straight with plenty of patina paint still has a really nice shine. Floors Are real nice and solid and with original paint there is nothing to hide.
This vehicle rips down the road and drives amazing. Overall this scout is ready for the next owner to enjoy for years to come and a pleasure to own and drive.
We hand pick each vehicle, drive it, inspect it, and make sure it is ready for you to enjoy! We drive what we sell so that we can give you a first hand and accurate report on how the vehicle runs and drives. Our pictures are never touched up or photoshopped. What you see is an accurate representation of the vehicle. We take consistent pictures and show you everything so you can get a true representation of the vehicle.
Complete Pictures and Video at www.4-wheelclassics.com