Adenauer 300d W189
The Mercedes-Benz W189 model 300 was a four-door luxury tourer produced by Mercedes-Benz between 1957 and 1962. The company's largest and most prestigious automobile, it was the Maybach of its day, elegant, powerful and exclusive.
All but hand-built as the company flagship, the 300d is often identified as an Adenauer after Konrad Adenauer, the first Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, who employed six custom cabriolet, hardtop saloon, and landaulet versions of the W189 and its precursor W186 series during his 1949-1963 tenure. Among the custom features in these "parade cars" were writing desks, sirens, curtains, dividing partitions, sunroofs, and half-roof "landaulet" configurations.
A successor to Mercedes' flagship W186 series final model, the 300c, the enlarged 300d (W189) was introduced in August 1957. Its new chassis code reflected sweeping refinements that included modernized bodywork, pioneering fuel injection, and a unique hardtop configuration transforming it into a pillarless phaeton.
• CLEAN CA TITLE
• THIS MERCEDES HAS 42,039 MILES, NO MILES ON THE TITLE LIKE MOST CLASSICS
• 3.0 6 CYL. ENGINE WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
• COMPLETE TUNE-UP; NEW BRAKES & MASTER CYLINDER, BRAKE BOOSTER REBUILT, BRAKE LINES ALL NEW MADE OF STAINLESS, DRUMS CUT, SHOES RELINED
• FUEL TANK REMOVED, CLEANED AND LINED; NEW EMERGENCY BRAKE CABLES; COOLING & HEATING SYSTEMS RESTORED; ALL NEW HOSES ON CENTRAL LUBE SYSTEM
• NEW MOTOR MOUNTS, NEW TRANSMISSION MOUNT
• NEW POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLES; ALL NEW BUSHINGS AND SEALS, PARTS BLASTED AND PAINTED
• REAR END AND SUSPENSION REBUILT SAME AS FRONT
• NEW TIRES; ELECTRONIC IGNITION; ALL ELECTRIC WORKS
• COMES WITH ORIGINAL DEALER PARTS CATALOG HARD BOUND (50K IN RECEIPTS), ORIGINAL SERVICE MANUALS & ALL BOOKS
• RUNS AND DRIVES