This car is located in:
HARTFORD CITY, IN
The Cadillac DeVille was originally a trim level and later a separate model produced by Cadillac. The name "DeVille" is derived from the French de la ville or de ville meaning "of the town".
The Cadillac Series 62 is a series of cars which was produced by Cadillac from 1940 through 1964. Originally designed to replace the entry level Series 65, it became the Cadillac Series 6200 in 1959.
For 1957, a tubular X-frame without side rails was adopted. This resulted in lower body without a loss of usable space. Front end styling was marked by rubber bumper guard tips and dual circular lamps set into the lower bumper section. Side trim was revised and a dual taillight theme was used. Identifying the standard 62 models were bright metal moldings, just forward of the rear wheel openings, highlighted by seven horizontal wind slits. At the upper end this fender brake trim joined a horizontal molding that ran along a conical flare extending towards both taillamps. A crest medallion was seen on the forward angled rear fins. De Villes had special nameplates on the front fenders.