The DFW F8 was introduced in 1939. It was a front-wheel drive two-stroke engined saloon that was manufactured until 1940. After the war, the car re-appeared in 1949 as the IFA F8, from the Zwickau plant which was now operated under Soviet control. It would remain in production until approximately 1955. Power was from a 42 cubic-inch displacement engine that offered nearly 20 horsepower and 49 NM of torque. Top speed was around 53 mph.