1974 MGB GT
VIDEO WITH LISTING
Engine #: 18V672Z-L28085
- Please see the video along with the listing, as the car is shown in detail. All blemishes are shown close-up and in direct sunlight. Blemishes include a few small areas of poor color-matching, a spot of bubbling under the paint on the hood, and a dent in the chrome rear bumper.
- Glass and light lenses are all clear and crack-free.
- Wheels and tires are both in great shape. The car wears Michelin Defenders in close-to-new condition, and the DOT number indicates they were manufactured in 2013.
- Paint is a B quality respray of what is presumed to be the original color. We don't see evidence of any other previous colors in the corners and jambs.
- Polished trim pieces are in nice shape with the exception of some minor wrinkles in the front grille border. Weatherstripping is in nice shape as well.
- Removable bumper guards are in great shape, with no scuffs or damage.
- The interior is in impressive condition throughout. Black cloth seats are in excellent shape. The lower corner of the passenger bolster has a 2 inch patch on it, which is barely noticeable. Aside from that, little to no signs of age. Carpeting is excellent throughout, headliner is clean and tight. As this car is a GT it actually does have a backseat, albeit a small one.
- Dash is in great shape, with no damage or real signs of age.
- Odometer reads 73,700 and is functional. We cannot be positive that this is actual original mileage, but believe it's very likely.
- JVC radio is functional and sounds great. Aftermarket speakers have been installed in the rear door panels.
- Door panels are in great shape, no scuffs or kicked-open markings.
- Fan and heat are functional. This car does not have air conditioning.
Under the Hood / Under the Car:
- Please take a look at the underbody photos, as the car is documented in detail. Underbody is pretty nice. Structurally very sound, no evidence of any damage.
- The car will come with a handful of service records from earlier this year. In 2018 this car has seen the following services: Carburetor rebuilds, replaced ignition coil, adjusted timing, replaced PCV valve, replaced tie rod ends, front end alignment, replace clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder, replace oil cooler and assembly, replace both front brake calipers, rebuild rear brakes.
- The car runs and drives extremely well, and has seen plenty of recent exercise. Wouldn't hesitate to fly in and drive home. It starts right up, idles cool and steady, accelerates and shifts smoothly as could be, and brakes straight and effectively. The car tracks straight down the road, and steering is nice and direct. Truly a fantastic driver.
For additional information or to discuss purchasing, please reach out to Jake at 773-267-2684.